Animal PREVENTION Services
At Critter Control of Wichita, our experienced team uses several effective habitat modification techniques to keep the creatures out and keep wildlife animals from getting onto your property or into your home. Habitat modifications can include limiting and identifying access to food, shelter, and water for the specific animal species. Techniques for keeping out animals can include installing vent screens, locating and sealing entry points, or installing other barriers to keep wildlife out.
Because of the varied intelligence level and behavior of different animal species, some techniques for exclusion may be more effective than others. It's important to identify the intruder animal. Luckily, our experienced wildlife management team can accurately and promptly identify which animal is making which damages. This will allow our team to create a personalized approach to your problem to ensure an infestation won't happen again. Improper control techniques can often result in more harm than good by inadvertently teaching the animal how to avoid traps and baits. Wichita's professional technicians at Critter Control have years of experience and training to promptly identify the unwanted animal and form a plan of removal.
Keeping wildlife out of a certain area of your home and off your property is likely the best approach to permanent wildlife control. While trapping a nuisance animal resolves your current animal infestation problems, it does nothing to address future wildlife invaders. By locating all possible entry points for animals and installing exclusion and repair techniques, the possibility of future animal infestations and damage are dramatically reduced.
At Critter Control of Wichita, our professional wildlife technicians will locate all current and future potential entry points created and used by unwanted wildlife guests. Whether squirrels or raccoons in your attic, bats in your attic, mice in the walls, rats in the basement, or skunks under your deck, these animals all end up there because they've found a way in, but it's our job to fix that! We implement prevention strategies to make sure the possibility of future wildlife infestations is negated. Some of our techniques include:
ANIMAL EXCLUSION POINTS:
- Chimney: Adding caps and screens to chimneys can keep animals from nesting or falling in
- Plumbing Vents: Creatures looking for shelter can become stuck in plumbing pipes
- Roof & Fascia Spaces: Inappropriately sealed points between roof & fascia encourage animal entry
- Roof Vents: Lightweight and weak vents should be replaced with heavier and more secure roof vents
- Oven & Bathroom Exhaust Vents: Adding vent screens to keep critters out
- Roof/Soffit Intersection: Securing roof and soffit gaps will help prevent animal chewing and entry
- Holes in Siding: Fixing & reinforcing holes will encourage animals to stay away
- Porch & Deck: Longlasting screening around base prevents animals from nesting
- Trees & Landscaping: Removal of overhanging tree limbs and encroaching vegetation
While some wild animals appear small and harmless, it is important to remember there are many dangers associated with wild animals. From diseases and parasites to painful bites, a wildlife encounter can become a serious health risk. To protect yourself and your family, call a Critter Control of Wichita, trained professional to inspect all wildlife issues.
Call Critter Control of Wichita today to schedule your inspection!